Sunday 7 September 2014

FROM SUMMER TO AUTUMN - MY DRUGSTORE TRANSITIONAL LIPSTICKS

FROM SUMMER TO AUTUMN - MY DRUGSTORE TRANSITIONAL LIPSTICKS

Hello lovely readers, for today's post I am going to be taking you through some of my top Lipstick picks that I would wear in both Summer and Autumn. I chose a few different shades from nudes to brights all of which I would wear for both seasons (I would wear them all year round) but they look especially good in the Summer and Autumn months.





The first Lipstick is the Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 620 - Coral Queen. This is such a vibrant orange, it looks good on all skin tones and works well in both Summer and Autumn as it adds colour to the face and warms up the complexion. I think this looks great with minimal makeup/neutral eye makeup as it creates a new take on the traditional bold red lip.





The next Lipstick is the Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 660 - In Love With Ginger. I love this! Its similar to the Coral Queen Lipstick but it has more red undertones, making it an ideal for more formal makeup. Its bright and bold but elegant. And as with all of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks it does moisturise and keeps your lips looking soft and well hydrated - an element with is important in both the warmer and cooler months. 






The third Lipstick is also from Rimmel but this time it s a Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 206 - Nude Pink. This is such an 'everyday' wearable colour, it adds a subtle hint of colour to the lips as well as a slight sheen. It look so luxurious and creates that perfect 'no makeup' look. I keep this in my bag everyday as it works with any look. It would look lovely with dramatic eyeliner of with a neutral eye. It just works so well and is moisturising on the lips too, its feels very similar to the Moisture Renew formula from Rimmel. It smells like sweets too which I just love!



The final Lipstick is from Topshop its in the shade - Brighton Rock - This is my only bright pink Lipstick but I love it so much, I didn't use if for ages because I thought it was too nice to use but then I thought, if I like it I should just wear it... so I did and I really liked it. Firstly I love the name, for some reason though it makes me think of The Beatles (I love them!), I'm not sure why it makes me think of them but I guess that's just another reason for me to love it. Secondly the packaging is just lush, it's so clean and chic and it has that satisfying click sound when you put the lid back on it ( or is that just me that likes that sound?).
And finally the colour is just so pretty it looks so cute and once again the Lipstick smells like sweets so I love wearing it. 









Hope you liked this post :)

What are you favourite transitional Lipsticks that you would wear in both Summer and Autumn?


Best wishes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment