Friday 16 May 2014

COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER - PART 2 - SKINCARE

COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER - PART 2 - SKINCARE


In this blog post I am going to be talking about skin care. During the summer months I like to moisturize more often, although I don't really sit in the Sun the humidity in the air can dry out my skin. So moisturizing is really important for me, especially my hands they are get quite dry, I also like to moisturize my Knees and Elbows too. 
But the most important part of skin care during summer is protecting you skin, using a high SPF with UVA and UVB protection is something I always look for in a Sun Cream. I try to avoid sitting in the Sun too, I have sensitive skin so I burn really easily, but I also know that its not good for the Skin so I try to avoid sitting sitting in the Sun.

My Summer Skincare Essentials:

SUN CREAM - With an UVA and UVB Protection - SPF 30, 50 or 50+

SUNGLASSES  - Your Eyes are so important, so protecting them is too. I have very sensitive eyes as I have a number of different eye conditions so protecting your eyesight is something I've always tried to do. If I go outside during the Summer Sunglasses are an essential for me.

MOISTURIZING LIP BALM - One with SPF so that it protects and hydrates your lips

MOISTURIZER - Garnier Seven Day Moisturizer - I like the Mango scent 

WATER - Drinking water helps to hydrate the skin a bit more - I don't drink enough water so this is something I need to do as the temperature increases. But during Summer I will keep a bottle in my bag.

AFTER SUN? - I am allergic to After Sun but I do like the Banana Boat Soothing Aloe After Sun Spry Gel its the only one I can use. 

SUN HAT - To protect your head and hair from the heat 

LIGHT BREATHABLE CLOTHING - A Light colour breathable T-shirt that keeps you cool but covers your shoulders - this is where my skin burns if I am out in the sun so I like to keep my shoulders and the back of my neck covered. I like wearing looser material clothing as they keep you cooler and allow your skin to breathe more. 

I don't tan but if I did I would always use a gradual tanner my favourite is the Garnier Summer Body tan in light, its good because you can build up a tan gradually so you can choose how tanned you would like to be. They have three different shades to choose from. Its the safest way to get a tan and I love the smell too!

I also try to avoid sitting in the Sun between 11 am and 3 pm as the Sun it very hot during these times.. I would always wear Sun Cream during these times. Re-applying Sun Cream is also something I like to do every two to three hours. I like to apply Sun Cream about 15-30 mins before I go outside then re-apply it again when I'm outside.

Hope you liked this post :) 
What are some of your Summer Skin Care Essentials?
 
If you would like you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' and Follow me on Twitter to keep up to date with all of my latest posts :)


Best Wishes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment