Tuesday 13 May 2014

AFFORDABLE STORAGE SOLUTIONS - MAKEUP, JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES

AFFORDABLE STORAGE SOLUTIONS - MAKEUP, JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES

In this blog post I thought I would share with you some of my newest solutions to storing and organising Jewellery, Makeup and Accessories. All of the products I found were in Sainsbury's Supermarket but I'm sure that there will me similar types of organisers in other supermarkets or craft stores. I just found these when looking around the Home Ware department, I wasn't even looking to buy anything new but I thought these made great a great storage solution and they organise everything well to. The lids on all three boxes are partly clear so that it means you can easily find what you are looking for. I have used three boxes all for different reasons - One for Jewellery (my favourite one!) - One to divide up my make up  and I use the final box to store receipts, this way I know everything is all in one place.
Here are some of the storage solutions that I found...






This is my favorite box that I bought, it is made from wood and has a glass lid, its painted in a muted grey colour which means that it works well in any room. All of the boxes I chose are the same they are just different sizes and contain different dividers. This box had small dividers inside (these can't be moved), they are quite small so you can only fit small necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings in here. But I like how its divided up and the clear lid means you can see what's where before you even open the box, you can also pull the draw out completely so that you can get to everything easily. All of the products were under £10 I think so they were really affordable too.



In this next box I store make up. The box is again divided up, this time into three different sections. i use these sections to diving up eye makeup, face make up and lip products. Its not as organised as I would have liked but it works at the moment. This lid opens from the top so you can't really put that much on the top of it.


This is the smallest of all three boxes, again it is made in all the same ways, it has a glass lid and is made from wood that is painted in a muted grey. However, this box does not contain any dividers so I used this for receipts and smaller accessories. 



I do like all of these but I wish the lid was plastic instead of glass, just because its a bit safer. What do you think to these ideas? Do you have any good storage/organisational tips for storing make up or accessories?

Hope you enjoyed this post :)

If you would like to keep up to date with all of my latest posts you can follow me on Bloglovin' and follow me on Twitter @laureninparis

Best wishes :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post.
    I'm looking to re-do my storage so this was very useful.
    I've followed you via Bloglovin and look forward to reading more from you :)
    xx
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it :). I love writing posts on organising so I'm hoping to do more posts like this in the future. Thank you for following my blog :) If you have any other ideas for posts you would like to read, I would be very happy to do them :) x x

    ReplyDelete